The Mayor of the Town of Thermopolis is the Town's Administrator.
According to Wyoming 15-1-108 the Mayor:
- Presides at all Town Council Meetings
- Has superintending control of all officers and
affairs of the Town
- Takes care that the ordinances and laws are
- Administers Oaths
- Sign commissions, appointments and contracts in
the name of the Town
- Has one vote as a member of Town Council
Adam R. Estenson was elected as Mayor in November of 2022 and took office in January of 2023. Mayor Estenson maintains an office at Town Hall for appointments and meetings. He starts most days at Town Hall. Mayor Estenson takes scheduled appointments and can also be reached by email.
The Town of Thermopolis employs the Assistant to the Mayor full-time. Jim Jeunehomme started in his position as Assistant to the Mayor in January of 2023. Mr. Jeunehomme assists Mayor Estenson and the Town Council in their duties. He keeps regular business hours and is a source of contact and information for the community.